Thursday, February 21, 2013

Back to Brendan

 

It's been a while since I read or watched any of Brendan Brazier's material.  He now has a super cool website called Thrive Forward.  This site is very useful (to me) because he has videos, recipes, and easy to understand literature on all sorts of topics including stress, sustainability, longevity, digestion, mood, optimal weight, sleep, energy and immune functions.  All focusing on being whole foods and plant based.  
Brendan reminded me of the importance of plant based verses animal based sources for amino acids and omega-3 and -6 essential fatty acids. Those can be found from hemp, chlorella, flax, walnuts and also chia seeds above.  My friend introduced me to this lovely breakfast.  Just soak some chia seeds in almond milk and some cinnamon overnight and the next morning add a little maple syrup and you have chia pudding!  So delicious!  
My breakfast for work today! You either love it or hate it. I am the only chia pudding lover in the house. I don't mind, that means more for me.  I do however like to sprinkle chia seeds on salads and other dishes.  They don't seem to mind that. 
Today's snacks.  It changes up a bit depending on what fruit I can get in season.  Right now strawberries are in season so they are actually sweet for a change.  I nibble all day.  I'll eat all of this today, but won't finish the nuts.  That's about three days worth.  This doesn't include my lunch. 

Sometimes I change my snacks up and have apples with peanut butter, hummus with veggies, soy yogurt, or a baggie of my favorite dry cereal.

No comments: