Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chick them peas

Last night I burst open a can of chick peas, rinsed them off, drained them, tossed them in a tad of olive oil, salt and pepper then put them in the oven to roast.

Out came these crunchy meaty delights!  I love roasting chick peas.  I always forget to just by a slew of cans and roast a huge batch because I always want to just eat them right out of the oven and both Chris and I have a hard time holding back!  Next time I will make a large batch.  This way I'll have enough to snack on - more than once!
Lunch today was a tossed salad and on that salad I have some roasted chick peas!  I also sprinkled more chia seeds.  See them?  The crunchiness of the chickpeas doesn't last too long though when you dress the salad, but it's still great.

I made one of my favorite dressings of lime with agave and it's light and healthy.  It's the juice of about eight limes, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, a small splash of olive oil, a little water and agave nectar to taste.  Emulsify and serve and store the remaining in a container in the frig.  This made enough for a few servings.  Cheaper than from the store, better for me, fresh and I know what the ingredients are.

No comments: