Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fair fix

You know what I'm talking about.  That darn fair food and how the smell just lures you in.  You can't avoid it no matter where you go.  It's everywhere and it has that signature smell.  Seems to travel where ever you go throughout the fair. 

Back in the day, I would have made sure to get a fully loaded Gyro with all the fixins.  Extra onion yogurt sauce included please.  Now I can't eat that anymore and I surely don't want to.  Well...I do miss that cucumber, dill yogurt sauce....  I can still make it, but different.

For dinner, we enjoyed some fair food.  Vegan style.
 Pan seared some peppers, onions and mushrooms.
 Pan seared some Field Roast vegan Italian sausage.  I know, I know....I can't go gluten free or processed food free with this nonsense, but I had only three links left and I wanted Fair Food! 
I had a fresh baked loaf of Cuban bread I picked up from the my corner produce market (Bella insisted - she goes crazy for Cuban bread) and thought it would be the best option for my Fair food fix.

Turned out great!  Only problem was when I took a bite, the stuff flew out the other side.  I suppose I should not have sliced the bread all the way through.  I'm not a pro, but it all managed to make it down my gullet. 

Fair fix was satisfied. 

No comments: