Monday, February 18, 2013

On the light side

I had the privilege of being able to work from home today because there was no school and ended up eating too many helpings of leftovers for breakfast and lunch.  I went off my usual daily diet of fruits, nuts and shakes and decided to pig out on leftovers all day (macaroni and not cheese).  I thought it was best to make dinner a light one.
 I was also chilled most of the day, so I opted for soup verses salad.  This was a concoction of carrots, onions, garlic, zucchini, potatoes and farfalle pasta in vegetable and crushed tomato broth (leftover crushed tomatoes I had left from last night's dinner prep). 
The soup would have been enough, but I had a roll of polenta and couldn't resist to sear some.  They went great with the soup.

I'm bummed this day of working from home and hanging with the kids is almost over.  Tomorrow is back to the daily routine of rushing and chaos.

I'll have to find a day this week to visit our county fair.  I never attend these things.  I'm not a fair person.  I do go however when my Bella has been awarded the opportunity to have her art entered in the fair art contest.  This year she said she made a three dimensional mask.  I can't wait to see it.

So proud of her. 

No comments: