Sunday, March 17, 2013

Polenta part two


 After letting the creamy polenta from the night before set in a loaf pan overnight it was time to cut.
 After cutting 1 inch slices, I placed them on a baking dish (normally I sear them, this time I baked them).  I baked them at 375 for about 20 minutes.
 Made salsa with butter beans.  Diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime, butter beans and hot pepper.
 Poured the salsa concoction over the crispy baked polenta and served.  Baking it turned out fine.  Crispy on the outside and still soft on the inside.  Not shown I also had tofu with avocado cream, but you've seen me make that many times before.
Bella whipped this up on the white board while we were watching television.  One of the dragons from the How to Train Your Dragon movie.  She did a great job from memory.  She has more artistic ability at ten than I'll ever have.

No comments: