Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Spiralize it!


I received my spiralizer machine the other day and I love it!  It slices, dices, curls and makes awesome veg pasta!
We are trying to incorporate more raw foods and dishes in our diet.  Raw zucchini pasta is a great start!  Has that great pasta texture and gluten free!
Somewhat blurred but here is the final product.  I used my Vitamix and made a raw kale pesto marinara sauce.  I blended cherry tomatoes, fresh rosemary, oregano, cayenne, salt, pepper and kale leaves. Tossed with the zucchini pasta and topped with chopped avocado and yellow tomato.

I did incorporate something warm and made some vegan polenta on the side.  Polenta made the conventional way, just substituted the butter with Smart Balance and the Parmesan with nutritional yeast.  You wouldn't know the difference. 

Now, remember the video I posted on the no bake brownies?  Here's my version!
I roll mine into balls.  It's just walnuts, dates, cocoa powder and a tad agave nectar.  Chocolate loveliness!

No comments: