Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Playing with raw sauces

I think I mentioned this before, but I have been sneaking more and more raw foods into our diet.  Chris doesn't have a problem being vegan, but he does like eating cooked food so I don't think he would be on board to go fully raw.

Instead of giving my self a negative vibe that this can't be done, I'll just incorporate as many raw meals as I can and see how it flies.

In case you didn't know, going fully raw is pretty much eating the ultimate super diet.  It encompasses the ultimate in vitamins, nutrients and minerals.  The enzymes are intact, the water in the food is there to cleanse and hydrate.  It's wholesome, from the earth to your mouth - not from lab, to a factory, to a box.  It's primo! You can't get any better.  
Here is my lunch, which is of course leftovers from dinner last night. 

I made a tossed veg salad of Swiss chard, watercress, red bell pepper, cucumber, onion and tofu.  Tossed within that spiralized zucchini.  My sauce this time around (it's never the same) was 3 cloves garlic, 1 tub grape tomatoes, 2 avocados, handful of fresh basil, small handful of oregano leaves, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, almond milk and a little Braggs for umami.  Blended in the vitamix until nice and smooth.  

To be honest I was wanting to make a red sauce with just pureed grape tomatoes and herbs but I didn't have enough tomatoes so I threw in the avocado and went that direction. 

Going vegan can reverse many diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.  Going raw has been known to also cure cancer and reverse or cure even more diseases.  Better yet, it's the best barrier to help stay cancer free.  So if I can incorporate as many raw fruits and veg into my diet as I can, I think I am doing a good thing. 

The kids?  Well, I'm still working on them on so many levels...  Kristjan still looks at greens, then looks at me like I'm crazy.

No comments: